Acne is due to disorder of sebaceous glands & is characterized by the presence of black heads with papules. They are worse as they leave scars or holes on face.
What can make acne worse?
- Menstrual cycle - Girls and women with acne, tend to get it worse one or two weeks before their menstrual period arrives. This is probably due to hormonal changes that take place. Some people say they eat more chocolate during this time and wonder whether there may be a connection. However, experts believe the worsening acne is not due to chocolate, but rather to hormonal changes.
- Anxiety and stress - Mental stress can affect your levels of some hormones.
- Hot and humid climates - when it is hot and humid we sweat more. This can make the acne worse.
- Oil based makeups - moisturizing creams, lubricating lotions, and all makeup that contain oil can speed up the blocking of your pores.
- Greasy hair - some hair products are very greasy and might have the same effect as oil based makeup. Hair products with cocoa butter or coconut butter are examples.
- Squeezing the pimples - if you try to squeeze pimples your acne is more likely to get worse, plus you risk scarring.
Looking after your skin if you have acne (or are prone to acne)
- Wash your face about twice each day. Do not wash it more often. Use a mild soap made especially for people with acne, and warm water. Do not scrub the skin.
- Try to refrain from touching your face with your hands. When you are on the phone try not to let the receiver touch your face - there may be sebum and skin residue on it.
- Always wash your hands before touching your face. This includes before applying lotions, creams or makeup.
- You skin needs to breathe. If your acne is on your back, shoulders or chest try wearing loose clothing. Tight garments, such as headbands, caps and scarves should be avoided - if you have to wear them make sure they are cleaned regularly.
- Don't go to sleep with makeup on. You should use makeup which does not have oil and does not clog up the pores.
- Hair collects sebum and skin residue. Keep your hair clean and away from your face.
- Too much sun can cause your skin to produce more sebum. Please avoid direct sunlight.
- Dab a little lemon juice for 20 mins & wash off with water but remember not to go in the sun with it as it will make your skin more sensitive.
- Make a paste with cinnamon and honey. Use approximately 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and add to the honey making a paste. Apply for 20 minutes or overnight if you can. You can even refrigerate the paste without getting it spoiled. Same goes with Neem leaves.
- Tomato juice or rubbing a tomato directly to the skin for half an hour reduces pimples. Same goes with strawberries & apple cider vinegar
Bowel movements are effected with stress , medications or diseases.When stool remains in the body it becomes harder & makes it difficult to pass , therefore the urge to defecate should not be ignored. Set a specific time for bowel movement & you should always be relaxed. Include good amount of fiber & water in your daily intake. If you make sure to pass everyday ( yes I know people who are so busy that they do not even have time to sit in the toilet for 1 min ! ) you are disposing the toxins in your body. Try this for a month & ull notice a difference in your skin – YES – YOUR SKIN WILL LOOK HEALTHY !
Ill give you an example of personal experience here -
My friend suffered from acne since 10 yrs & no medication helped her. She used to get temporary relief & acne was back again in a month. Her grandma told her once to make sure she defecates early morning even if she doesn’t want to & even if it takes an hr to be in the toilet. She said that it makes a big difference to health. Always ignoring her grandma’s advice , I asked her to try this for once along with whatever medication she is taking. Believe me when I met her after 4 months , the acne was gone !
I dint believe when she told me & then I asked my sister to try it as she also suffered from acne. Within a month there was a big change ( she was using the medications also which did not help with much difference earlier ). I researched more & found that this simple technique really does an amazing job to health overall. Im not asking you to leave the medicines & sit in the toilet to get rid of acne but how many of the doctors give this advice when they prescribe the medicines ?
It’s a process where you remove the deadly toxins from the body ( like nitrogen & other gases ) and you’ll feel healthy from inside showing the best results outside.
Make sure you follow a good diet & lots of water too.
Try & ull be amazed !