- Never squeeze pimples , it will damage your skin.
- Wash your face twice a day , morning and just before retiring to bed. Avoid washing too often as it will take off the natural moisturizers but you can wash more than once if its hot or if you have been sweating a lot.
- Use a gentle cleanser specifically made for oily skin and acne. Some acne products are beneficial & works wonders for oily skin too.
- Never scrub or wash with too much pressure on your face , this can stimulate oil production.
- Keep medicated pads handy & use them to remove excess oil for any build ups if you are on the go.
- Use water based moisturizers , not the oily ones / creams. Same goes with foundation if using a liquid one.
- Avoid direct sunlight as it makes more oil to appear on the surface than before.
- Exfoliate once a week to help remove dirt and oil keeping your skin clean.
Never give up on oily skin!
Its just as manageable as any skin condition. Consult a professional skin therapist who can analyze your skin & give a proper diagnosis of the products and lifestyle changes to keep skin under control. Remember, oily skin is a blessing in disguise as it has its own benefits. Those with oily skin tend to age slower & are less prone to aging and wrinkling !!